Sunday, March 4, 2012

Pretentious

Today I got up and bore my testimony in church. That might not sound like a big deal to some of you, but I am so grateful that I am still allowed to bear my testimony. I know not everyone gets that opportunity. I'm so grateful for the gospel in my life. I know the Book of Mormon is true. I know that Jesus Christ is the Redeemer of the world, the Only Begotten of our Heavenly Father, and my personal Savior.

I realize that some might think it pretentious or foolish to believe these things or to say that I know they are true. Personal beliefs are often touchy subjects, have led to wars, and still lead to vicious rhetoric and perfidious insult. I realize that people much smarter and wiser than I believe I am wrong, on both sides. I understand if you call my faith "willing blindness", if you believe that their is no hope of a different understanding, if you think you know enough. I know that their is very persuasive, even logical evidence against my beliefs.

But I felt the Holy Ghost today. I wish everyone could feel the Spirit the way I felt.

No comments:

Post a Comment